Organise a 1st4Sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching (Sport and Physical Activity) Qualification.
This course focuses on the skills and competences required to be able to plan, deliver and review a series of linked and progressive sport and physical activity coaching sessions, either working independently (if over the age of 18) or as part of a coaching team. Coaching topics include (list not exhaustive):
- Rules and regulations
- Duty of Care
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Coach
- Inclusive Coaching Practice
- Nutrition and Hydration
- Coaching Styles and Participant Development
- Safe Coaching Practice
- Planning, delivering and evaluating linked and progressive coaching sessions
Who is the course for?
- For students wishing to enhance their skills, knowledge and application of sports coaching
- For those who wish to become involved in coaching, and to have responsibility for the planning, delivery, and evaluation of linked and progressive coaching sessions.
- For those that are currently operating unqualified and wish to gain recognition of their coaching practice
- For those that wish to improve their generic coaching skills
Learners could progress on to the 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Coaching (Sport and Physical Activity) or on to a sport-specific coaching qualification at level 2 or at level 3. The skills and knowledge developed through this qualification may also be used to progress to other industry-relevant qualifications in coaching sport, activity leadership, supporting PE in school sport or sports development.
Prior to registration learners are required to:
- Be appropriately identified
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking reading and writing
How are learners assessed?
Learners are required to:
- complete a series of assessed tasks contained within their learner portfolio, provided by 1st4sport.
- plan a series of four coaching sessions for a group off children or adult participants they regularly coach or aspire to coach.
- demonstrate their ability to coach two x 20 minute practical coaching sessions (either in their workplace or in a simulated environment). Sessions must focus on a specific sport or physical activity.
What is the format / duration of the course?
This course has a flexible delivery model and can be delivered in a way to suit the learners attending. We would recommend one of the following formats:
- Face to face learning only – delivered over a minimum of four days. The four days can be delivered together or there can be gaps in learning between the days. It is recommended that learners to do not deliver their 2 coaching sessions on the same day. A period of reflection should be provided.
- Blended approach – this involves access to our e-learning system. Learners complete modules online (max of 8 hours with associated portfolio tasks). It is then recommended that learning and assessments are delivered face to face over a minimum of 2.5 days.
- Online only – this involves access to our e-learning system. Learners complete modules online (max of 12 hours with associated portfolio tasks). Work is then submitted for assessment prior to any coaching sessions being delivered. Feedback is provided by the assessor. Each individual coaching session is then delivered (recorded via video), assessed and feedback is provided.
What are the minimum / maximum numbers to run a course?
It is recommended that there are a minimum of 10 learners and a maximum of 20 learners on a course, with 1 course tutor for blended and face to face formats. For the online format, minimum numbers are flexible.
What facilities are required for the face to face sessions?
In order to ensure a positive learning environment, all venues used are required to:
- Comply with accepted health and safety practices
- Have appropriate access arrangements
- Be conducive to learning (e.g. appropriate lighting, temperature and noise levels)
- Have access to a practical area
- Have access to sports or physical activity equipment to facilitate coaching activities
What are the fees for organising a course?
Please contact us (email@example.com) for information on course fees.
Is there a way I can reduce the course fees?
Yes! If you have workforce that meet the qualification workforce criteria, we are happy to orientate you into the qualification on receipt of the necessary evidence (i.e. CVs, certificates etc). This would remove any associated tutor/assessor fees.
Quality assurance would need to be our responsibility as a recognised centre.
How can I organise a course?
If you would like to organise a course, please click on the below tab and fill out the course organiser request form.