This non regulated online classroom has been developed to keep learners up to date with emergency first aid practice during their 3 year certification period. By the end of the session, learners will be able to:
Recognise the priorities and responsibilities of a first aider
- Identify the importance of an emergency action plan
- Familiarise their knowledge on Basic Life Saving techniques (including CPR)
- Improve their knowledge of concussion and graduated return to play
- Identify potential considerations in administering first aid (considering Covid guidelines)
The workshop will also allow learners to ask frequently asked questions on first aid principles.
What does non regulated mean?
Non regulated means that the course is not on a regulated qualification framework. Learners will receive a certificate of attendance.
Who is the workshop for?
The online classroom workshop is suitable for coaches, referees, activators, leaders and volunteers.
What’s the value of this workshop?
This workshop provides learners with a refresher on practical first aid principles in the sports environment and will support confidence to attend a conscious or unconscious casualty.
Learners will also receive relevant signposting links and resources.
It is recommended that learners hold a Basic Life Support or Emergency First Aid certificate.
Learners must be a minimum of least 14 years of age and be able to communicate effectively in English.
In order to access this workshop online via a virtual classroom, learners will be required to:
- Have access to a laptop or tablet. A smartphone device is accepted but functionality can be limited. The device must have access to a microphone as the sessions will be interactive.
- Have good WIFI access
- Have access to an environment with limited distractions which is conducive to learning
- Be able to log into the workshop 10 minutes ahead of the designated start time
If you have any additional learning needs, please let us know when registering for the workshop so we can support you.
Format / duration
This workshop will be conducted via an online classroom and will be 1.5 hours in duration.
Learners may go onto refresh their first aid certificate at the time of expiry or go onto take a higher emergency first aid qualification.
This process is available to determine demand. Further workshops will be organised if demand exists so we would strongly recommend that you register your interest.
The registration of interest process is free. Your payment details are not required. You will be asked to complete your 'booking' details but this will simply be to register your interest and not book onto a course
Our workshops are delivered in partnership with Sport Birmingham, Together Active and Think Active.