This course will provide learners with the skills and knowledge to undertake the role of Swim Coordinator (or a similar job title, e.g. Swim Manager) and coordinate the safe delivery of high quality swimming programmes.
Who is the course for?
This qualification is for learners who:
- Aim to prepare for employment as a swim coordinator
- Already hold a position of swim coordinator and wish to undertake further development
What is the value of this course?
As well as gaining employment as a swim coordinator, learners may also seek employment within the sport and active leisure sector or a related industry. This course may also enable learners to progress into further education or study in leisure management, such as, sports management, sports development, sports coaching or leisure management.
Module Sneak Peek
Module 2: Foundations of a Swim School
This module is divided into three sections and is aimed to equip you with the knowledge to understand industry guidelines and legal requirements that relate to coordinating swimming programmes
The three sections are:
- Be 18 years of age or older on the course start date.
- Be able to provide proof of identity.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Have access to a laptop/tablet, good Wi-Fi and microphone to participate in virtual classroom sessions and complete online learning.
It is recommended that learners:
- Have a Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification.
- Have experience in a leadership role.
- Have a mentor who is currently in a Swim Coordinator role if you are not in that role already.
This course has been split into five modules, each of which will involve online learning prior to virtual classroom sessions led by a licensed Swim England Educator. The course will run over four months, to allow flexibility for learners to undertake the course whilst managing other commitments, such as work and family life.
The online learning element of the course will have associated tasks to allow you to develop and apply your knowledge, with virtual classrooms allowing further discussion and peer-to-peer learning.
Virtual Classroom Dates:
- Saturday 11th March 2023, 10-11am - Introduction to the course
- Thursday 16th March 2023, 6-9pm
- Tuesday 21st March 2023 6-9pm
- Monday 27th March 2023, 6-9pm
- Tuesday 4th April 2023, 6-9pm
- Monday 24th April 2023, 6-9pm
- Tuesday 2nd May 2023, 6-9pm
- Thursday 18th May 2023, 6-9pm
- Saturday 20th May 2023, 1-4pm
Please note there is online learning to do in between virtual classroom sessions.
If you are unable to attend on these dates but would like to be notified when our next course is available, please complete the 'Register Interest' form at the bottom of the page.
Throughout the course, learners will be guided in how to compile the necessary evidence for their portfolio. Learners will then submit their completed portfolio to Swim England Qualifications for assessment.
The course cost is £725.
Payment plans are available to support individuals to pay for this course. If you decide to go ahead with a payment plan, please pay 50% of the course fee below to secure your place and we will then contact you to arrange the next payment.
If you wish to pay in full, you will find an option to pay 100% of the course fee below.
Please select the payment option that suits you can complete the booking form, below.
Bookings for the course starting on 11th March will close 3rd March 2023.
If you have any questions about this course or would like to discuss if this course is right for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.