The objective of the England Korfball Level 1 Coaching Award is to equip learners with the basic individual skills, techniques and rules of the game to support a more qualified coach. It will help learners to develop their confidence in coaching Korfball ensuring that the sessions they deliver are enjoyable and safe.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for coaches that;
- Are operating as ‘Assistant Coaches’ in their club environment
- Are players that have experience of playing the game but have little experience of coaching
- Are young leaders (minimum of 16 years of age)
- Simply want to help out as a parent / helper
- Are not expected to or required to coach independently
What’s the value of this course?
This course could lead to paid or voluntary roles in coaching Korfball in a variety of settings.
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be appropriately identified
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
Assessment (if applicable)
Learners will be assessed continually through the course.
Format / duration
The course lasts 6 hours and is practical.
Learners may wish to progress to the 1st4Sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Korfball qualification.
There are two fees associated with this course:
- £70 per person for affiliated England Korfball members
- £80 per person for individuals who are not affiliated with England Korfball.
This process is available to determine demand. Courses will be organised if demand exists so we would strongly recommend that you register your interest.
Your payment details are not required. You will be asked to complete your 'booking' details but this will simply be to register your interest and not book onto a course.
Would you like further information?
Please email us at email@example.com
This course can also be delivered to specific groups such as coaching providers, universities etc. Please visit our organise a level 1 award in coaching korfball page for further information.