This course is designed to prepare aspiring coaches for deployment as coordinators within an American Football programme. This qualification is awarded by the British American Football Coaches Association. The qualification is supported by the NGB for American Football the British American Football Association.
The course is designed for any existing Level 2 American Football coaches wishing to develop coaching skills in American Football.
This course is ideal for learners who are seeking to move into Head Coaching positions in a variety of settings including working as a head coach within community clubs, BUCS, schools, colleges and beyond. Also, for those seeking to develop into coaching positions within BAFA’s National Programmes.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be appropriately identified
- Hold a level 2 BAFCA coaching qualification
- Have experience of coaching the same group of players for at least two full seasons within the past 3 years at;
- International level
- Adult, Women’s, U19/U17 national league level,
- Be coaching and training the same team with regular training sessions and have competitive matched scheduled on a regular basis
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Have access to a laptop, good WiFi and microphone to participate in virtual classroom sessions. Any special learning requirements must be made clear at the registration process
To achieve the level 3 course, learners are required to have, in summary, assessed evidence of:
- The production of a performance profile for a minimum of three players or a team in American Football.
- The design and planning of a American Football coaching programme for a minimum of unit or a team, which should be based upon the outcome of the performance profile(s) developed.
- The production of a detailed plan of a discrete cycle or phase (minimum of eight weeks) associated with an aspect of the American Football coaching programme
- The production of a minimum of eight weeks of coaching session plans within the discrete cycle or phase (minimum of eight weeks) associated with an aspect of the American Football coaching programme
- The production of a recorded plan for the ongoing evaluation of the American Football coaching programme
- The production of a recorded plan for the ongoing performance and/or development review for either three players or a team; the plan should identify the methodology and timings for the ongoing review
- The delivery of a minimum of eight weeks of American Football coaching sessions within the discrete cycle or phase (minimum of eight weeks) associated with an aspect of the American Football coaching programme
- Submit a video to include to include the classroom delivery. This can either be a scouting breakdown, install or performance review
- Submit a video to include to include the scouting breakdown of an opponent
- Submit a video to include individual skill, team defence, team offence or special teams. This video will be required prior any assessment being conducted
- The delivery of a minimum of two American Football coaching sessions, which must be observed by an appropriately qualified assessor on separate occasions. One session must be a training session and the other session, a competitive game.
- Completion and evaluation of a 360 self coaching review provided by at least 5 players and 3 coaches.
The level 3 course will be delivered virtually. Learners will have access to the British American Football Coaches Association e-learning platform to complete a series of learning tasks along with BAFCA’s Google platform to complete qualification portfolio tasks. Virtual classroom sessions will take place on a minimum of 4 occasions and will last for 2 hours in duration (each).
The cost of the course is £325 per person. This will include assessor fees up to a 80-mile round trip on both assessment occasions. If the assessor is required to travel further, additional mileage fees will need to be covered by the learner at a fee of 35p per mile.
Full payment will need to be received prior to starting the course once your place is confirmed.
Should you wish to pay via invoice, please enter the word INVOICE at the checkout. Please be aware we only invoice organisations, not individuals.
This process is available to determine demand. Further courses will be organised if demand exists so we would strongly recommend that you register your interest.
The registration of interest process is free. Your payment details are not required. You will be asked to complete your 'booking' details, but this will simply be to register your interest and not book onto a course.
*If no courses are available, please register your interest and we will email you when new dates are released*
The course can also be delivered face to face, to specific groups such as universities, coaching providers etc.