This qualification is designed to prepare learners for deployment as independent positional coaches within an American Football programme. The award gives an overview of the foundations of sports coaching and a focus on the core fundamentals within the sport. Learners can expect to cover the following:
- The Coaching Process
- Roles and responsibilities of the coach
- Duty of care
- Nutrition and hydration
- Inclusive coaching practice
- Coaching styles and participant development
- Rules and regulations
- Continual Learning & Development
- Classroom Delivery – Scouting Breakdown
- Practice Planning
- Safe coaching practice
This course is specifically for individuals who have experience of coaching and are operating in a club environment. Please see eligibility criteria for further information.
This course is ideal for learners who are seeking to move into Head Coaching positions (Level 2 minimum requirement) and for those seeking to develop into coaching positions within BAFA’s National Programmes.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be appropriately identified
- Hold a BAFCA level 1 coaching award
- Be able to evidence delivering American Football coaching sessions over the past twelve months
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Have access to a laptop/tablet, good WiFi and microphone to participate in virtual classroom sessions. Any special learning requirements must be made clear at the registration process.
- Completing all additional elements for the course prior to certification:
- USA Football Youth Coach Certification – https://usafootball.com/development-training/certification/
- This element must be completed prior to practical assessment.
- Complete a Safeguarding Level 1 qualification or the UK Coaching Duty of Care Badge
- Basic First Aid Qualification
*Please note, completion of pre-requisites is not included in the course price.
To achieve the British American Football Coaches Association Level 2 award, learners are required to have assessed evidence of:
- Completing all additional components for the course
- Completing written and online tasks
- Completing an online test associated with the content covered on course
- Planning, delivering and evaluating a minimum of 4 linked and progressive coaching sessions away from the course
- The final day of the course involves assessment of coaching practice for 2 progressive coaching session, along with a core fundamentals session
The course has flexible delivery model. In order to meet qualification requirements, we deliver this qualification through face to face tutored sessions or blended delivery (online and face to face).
Our open courses below are delivered through a blended delivery approach. This consists of:
- Online learning via our e-learning platform ahead of the virtual classroom sessions
- Online Assessment Questions
- 2 x 1 hour 30 minute virtual classroom sessions with an experienced tutor
- Completion of 4 linked and progressive coaching sessions in a club environment
- 1 assessment day
- Completing additional components associated to certification for the course
This course can lead to further learning, CPD or training in the area of coaching American Football and/or the progression onto the British American Football Coaches Association Level 3 certification.
The course will cost £130 per person.
Full payment will need to be received prior to starting the course once your place is confirmed.
Should you wish to pay via invoice, please enter the word INVOICE at the checkout. Please be aware we only invoice organisations, not individuals.
This process is available to determine demand. Further courses will be organised if demand exists so we would strongly recommend that you register your interest.
The registration of interest process is free. Your payment details are not required. You will be asked to complete your 'booking' details, but this will simply be to register your interest and not book onto a course.
Course 15: Online learning to be completed between 19th September- 9th October. Virtual classroom session will take place on Wednesday 21st September (7-9pm) and 5th October (7-9pm). Practical day TBC by BAFCA.
Course 16: Online learning to be completed between 3rd October- 23rd October. Virtual classroom session will take place on Wednesday 5th October (7-9pm) and Wednesday 19th October (7-9pm). Practical day TBC by BAFCA.
Course 17: Online learning to be completed between 31st October- 20th November. Virtual classroom session will take place on Wednesday 9th November (7-9pm) and Wednesday 16th November (7-9pm). Practical day TBC by BAFCA.
Course 18: Online learning to be completed between 28th November- 18th December. Virtual classroom session will take place on Wednesday 30th November (7-9pm) and Wednesday 14th December (7-9pm). Practical day TBC by BAFCA.
*If no courses are available, please register your interest and we will email you when new dates are released*
The course can also be delivered face to face, to specific groups such as universities, coaching providers etc.