Organise an Introduction to Teaching Basketball (Secondary) workshop
The Introduction to Basketball Teaching Secondary workshop has been developed to provide learners with the confidence to deliver engaging basketball sessions in a secondary school environment.
By the end of the workshop, learners will be able to:
- Identify the basic rules of the game
- Explore solutions to common challenges when teaching basketball in a secondary school environment
- Identify basketball activities for key stage 3 and 4 through a game-based approach
- Describe how basketball can contribute to supporting wider skills for pupils
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a teacher, on a PGCE pathway or teaching assistant.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
If learners have experience of working in a primary education environment but do not meet bullet point #2, please contact us so we can confirm your suitability.
Format and costs
The workshop can be delivered in a face to face or virtual classroom format. Delivery can be modularised to make the workshops more accessible;
|Format||Duration||Cost||Recommended minimum / maximum numbers||Facilities / environment required|
|Virtual classroom||3 hours||£400||8:20||N/A*|
|Face to face||3.5 hours||£400 (Workshop organisers will be asked to pay additional mileage if travel exceeds a 100-mile round trip at 40p per mile)||8:20||Sports hall with at least 2 baskets**|
*For virtual workshops, learners are required to:
- Have access to good Wi-Fi
- Have access to a laptop or tablet with a working microphone and webcam
- Be conducive to learning (e.g. appropriate lighting, temperature, noise levels and limited distractions).
** Any venue used for face to face workshops, is required to:
- Comply with accepted health and safety practices
- Have appropriate access arrangements
- Be conducive to learning (e.g. appropriate lighting, temperature and noise levels)
- Have access to a sports hall (with at least 2 baskets)
The workshop organiser is responsible for paying any associated facility fees.
How can I organise a workshop?
We work in partnership with Basketball England to coordinate the Introduction to Teaching Basketball workshops. If you would like to explore the possibility of hosting a workshop, please complete the workshop request form below. We will be in touch with you within 2 business days. For specific questions, please contact us via phone 0121 455 8270 or via email.
Please note, if you wish to book a workshop and invite other schools, we will only invoice the workshop organiser.