The Introduction to Basketball Teaching Secondary workshop has been developed to provide learners with the confidence to deliver engaging basketball sessions in a secondary school environment.
By the end of the workshop, learners will be able to:
- Identify the basic rules of the game
- Explore solutions to common challenges when teaching basketball in a secondary school environment
- Identify basketball activities for key stage 3 and 4 through a game-based approach
- Describe how basketball can contribute to supporting wider skills for pupils
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a teacher, on a PGCE pathway or teaching assistant.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
If learners have experience of working in a primary education environment but do not meet bullet point #2, please contact us so we can confirm your suitability.
The workshop can be delivered in a face to face or virtual classroom format. Delivery can be modularised to make the workshops more accessible;
|Recommended minimum / maximum numbers
|Facilities / environment required
|Face to face
|£400 (Workshop organisers will be asked to pay additional mileage if travel exceeds a 100-mile round trip at 40p per mile)
|Sports hall with at least 2 baskets**
*For virtual workshops, learners are required to:
- Have access to good Wi-Fi
- Have access to a laptop or tablet with a working microphone and webcam
- Be conducive to learning (e.g. appropriate lighting, temperature, noise levels and limited distractions).
** Any venue used for face to face workshops, is required to:
- Comply with accepted health and safety practices
- Have appropriate access arrangements
- Be conducive to learning (e.g. appropriate lighting, temperature and noise levels)
- Have access to a sports hall (with at least 2 baskets)
The workshop organiser is responsible for paying any associated facility fees.
We work in partnership with Basketball England to coordinate the Introduction to Teaching Basketball workshops. If you would like to explore the possibility of hosting a workshop, please complete the workshop request form below. We will be in touch with you within 2 business days. For specific questions, please contact us via phone 0121 455 8270 or via email.
Please note, if you wish to book a workshop and invite other schools, we will only invoice the workshop organiser.