The Archery GB Instructor Award is the industry’s leading training course for archery. This course is designed to prepare learners to deliver fun and safe sessions for beginners.
By the end of the course, learners can expect to:
- Establish and maintain safety on an archery range
- Select suitable equipment for beginners to use
- Guide participants to shoot using the simple phases of barebow
- Understand how to maintain equipment
- Understand the principles of instructing
- Create inclusive sessions
- Use games and competitions
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
Learners are assessed via a multiple question test paper and also practically for a duration of around 30 minutes. Assessment will focus on the delivery of an archery session.
The course is delivered over two days, 9-5pm.
Learners may be interested in attending Archery GB's CPD modules for new and current coaches in the future.
Learners will receive a manual on attendance and a certificate based on the practical assessment. Learners will also gain an Archery GB Instructor License which lasts for three years. After this it can be renewed by successfully completing an online renewal module. The license does not provide the instructor with insurance.
It is recommended that there are a minimum of 10 learners and a maximum of 12 learners on a course. If you unable to meet minimum numbers, we can advertise the course externally.
Please read the Facility Guidance for Organisations document for layout specifications and equipment requirements for the course.
The learner fee is £220 per person. This includes:
- Pre-course information sent to learners
- Tutor and assessor fees
- A learner manual
- Learner certification provided by Archery GB
If you would like to organise a course, please click on the below tab and fill out the course organiser request form.
If you have any other questions or would like to seek further advice, please contact us