We were contracted to develop a programme of education and training for National Referee Instructors (FRIP) to be relevant to all nations across the FIBA international zones.
Following a scoping meeting, we agreed to develop a series of resources for the programme based on the Level 4 Education and Training qualification. These resources included;
- A home study pack to guide learners
- An online learning guide to support the home study pack, to be held on the FIBA online learning portal
- An online assessment of knowledge, based on the home study and online learning resources
- A two day face-to-face workshop of teaching and learning to build on the home study pack and online learning
- Online learning assessment to test knowledge, understanding and application from the intense face-to-face session
The first course delivered to over 60 European instructors was a great success and the modified programme is being rolled out across each continental regional zone.
The evaluation of the initial FRIP level 1 programme has led to a Level 2 for International Regional Instructors and a Level 3 for Global Instructors.