This workshop builds on the successful delivery of its predecessor, the Sainsbury’s Inclusive Community Training. It will equip you with the skills to be an inclusive coach for all population groups and abilities. The workshop also focuses on how to engage disabled people and those with long term health conditions more effectively in activities.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- learn how to support disabled people to be more active through Activity Alliance's ten principles
- understand how your sessions can be inclusive and how you can create and adapt your own activities using STEP and the Activity Inclusion Model
- explore where you can find more information for yourself and the people you support
Who is the workshop for?
- Those delivering physical activity sessions
- Local community activators (working for example in disabled people’s organisations, community interest charities, housing sector and scout/guide groups )
- Health and care professionals
What’s the value of this workshop?
This workshop will provide you with the tools to become an inclusive coach and develop your confidence to tailor delivery to a variety of different audiences.
Learners need to be:
- 14 years of age (the workshop is accessible for all ages however, is most suitable for 14yrs+)
- Able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Have access to a laptop/tablet, good WiFi and microphone to participate in virtual classroom sessions (if choosing to access this workshop onine). Any special learning requirements must be made clear at the registration process.
If learners are accessing the workshop online, they will be required to:
- Have access to a laptop or tablet. A smartphone device is accepted but functionality can be limited. The device must have access to a microphone as the sessions will be interactive.
- Have good WIFI access
- Have access to an environment with limited distractions which is conducive to learning
- Be able to log into the workshop 10 minutes ahead of the designated start time.
If you have any additional learning needs, please let us know when registering for the workshop so we can support you.
Learners will receive 3 months' access to an online version of the practical workbook that accompanies the Inclusive Activity Programme Online Classroom.
Informal ongoing assessment will take place throughout the workshop
Format / duration
This workshop can be delivered in two formats:
- Option 1: A 3 hour workshop in a practical setting
- Option 2: A 2 hour online classroom
By attending the workshop, you will receive access to support and learning development opportunities through the Activity Alliance
The fee per person is usually £15.
Registration of interest
This process is available to determine demand. Workshops will be organised if demand exists so we would strongly recommend that you register your interest.
The process is free. Your payment details are not required. You will be asked to complete your 'booking' details but this will simply be to register your interest and not book onto a workshop.
Our workshops are delivered in partnership with:
Would you like further information?
Please email us at email@example.com.
We can also deliver this course to specific groups or organisations.