This qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to teaching/training. The qualification is recognised as the industry standard Introduction to Teaching Qualification for the further education and skills sector by the Education & Training Foundation.
The qualification covers the following units:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
How is the qualification achieved?
To be awarded the Level 3 Award in Education and Training, a learner must achieve 12 credits, which comprises of following combination of units:
- three credits from the Mandatory Unit in Group A (Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training)
- six credits from Optional Unit Group B (Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education & Facilitate learning and development in groups)
- three credits from Optional Unit Group C (Understanding the principles and practices of assessment)
Should alternative optional units be preferred, please contact us.
Who is the course for?
Learners that attend this qualification are likely to be seeking opportunities in the further education and skills sector. It also attracts aspiring tutors of vocational coaching courses.
What’s the value of this course?
The level 3 award in education and training can help learners to progress in teaching/training and support roles in a wide range of organisations in the education and training sector. This could lead to paid or voluntary opportunities.
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be appropriately identified
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
Assessment involves in mixture of written tasks and practical delivery. Learners must:
- Complete a 30-minute (minimum) teaching/ microteaching session that is observed and assessed by an appropriately qualified assessor (this is usually completed on course)
- Observe and review a 30 minute micro-teaching/ teaching session of another trainee tutor or experienced tutor/ teacher (this can be completed away from the course)
- Plan and be observed delivering a teaching session to a group of learners, reflect on the learning with the group and plan future learning and development for individuals in the group (this is usually completed on course)
Format / duration
This course has a flexible delivery model. The usual format consists of a blended approach with online and face to face delivery. We also deliver this course online spread over a four day period. Should you wish to speak to us about alternative formats, please contact us.
To access online tutored sessions, learners must have access to a laptop or tablet. The device must have access to a microphone as the sessions will be interactive. Please also ensure you have good WIFI access. If you have any additional learning needs, please let us know when registering for the course so we can support you.
Once in a teaching role, you may choose to follow a programme of training for the Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training or the Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training depending upon your role and associated teaching responsibilities.
Should you wish to pay by invoice, please enter the word INVOICE at the checkout. Please be aware we are only able to invoice organisations, not individuals.
Flexible payment plans are available for this course to support accessibility. Please download the document on the left hand side of this page.
Would you like further information?
Please email us at email@example.com
This course can also be delivered to specific groups and organisations.
This process is available to determine demand. Courses will be organised if demand exists so we would strongly recommend that you register your interest.
The registration of interest process is free. Your payment details are not required. You will be asked to complete your 'booking' details but this will simply be to register your interest and not book onto a course.