This qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the principles and practice of mentoring workforce (paid or voluntary workforce).
Who is the course for?
The qualification is designed for individuals who currently have responsibilities within their job role of mentoring colleagues or workforce from other organisations, or individuals who want to enter into the mentoring workforce. The qualification is recognised by UK Coaching and National Governing Bodies of Sport for mentors working with UK Coach Education workforce.
What’s the value of this course?
The knowledge and skills gained from this qualification will allow learners to qualify in any sector they have occupational competence in. It is also an ideal opportunity for learners to become formally recognised for their experience in mentoring in sport. Successful learners are eligible to seek employment in appropriate paid or voluntary roles involving workforce mentoring.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be appropriately identified
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Have the support of an organisation which will give access to two members of their workforce (paid or voluntary roles) to be mentored over a minimum of three months each, and an appropriate supervisor for the trainee mentor. The mentees can be from different organisations if necessary
Assessment (if applicable)
To achieve the qualification, learners are required to
- Complete portfolio tasks
- A record of the mentoring agreements for two mentees
- Conduct initial assessment of mentee needs, for two mentees
- Plan, conduct, record and review four workforce mentoring interventions, two for each mentee. At least one face to face intervention must be conducted for each mentee, one of which must be observed by an assessor for a minimum of 20 minutes
Please be aware that all assessments undertaken by the trainee mentor (learner) must be in the work environment and not simulated
Due to the assessment requirements for this qualification, learners need to be observed in their own environment. Learners are welcome to source their own assessors (that meet the assessor criteria). Alternatively, we can support in sourcing an appropriately qualified assessor. If the latter option is chosen, a fee will apply. Please contact us for further information.
Format / duration
This qualification is delivered in one of two formats. Please view the options at the bottom of the page to understand which options are available:
- Online delivery with a course tutor in group and through one to one sessions
- Blended delivery involving a mixture of face to face tutored sessions and online delivery
If choosing an online format, learners must have access to a laptop or tablet. A smartphone device is accepted but functionality can be limited. The device must have access to a microphone as the sessions will be interactive. Please also ensure you have good WIFI access. If you have any additional learning needs, please let us know when registering for the course so we can support you.
We have a flexible delivery model. Should you wish to speak to us about alternative formats, please contact us.
Holders of this award can progress to other 1st4sport Education and Training Suite qualifications, or other higher level Coaching and/mentoring qualifications.
Flexible payment plans are available for this course to support accessibility. Please download the document on the left hand side of this page.
Would you like further information?
Please email us at email@example.com
This course can also be delivered to specific groups and organisations.
This process is available to determine demand. Courses will be organised if demand exists so we would strongly recommend that you register your interest.
The registration of interest process is free. Your payment details are not required. You will be asked to complete your 'booking' details but this will simply be to register your interest and not book onto a course.
We are currently in the process of organising future dates.