This workshop is ideal for teachers, individuals on a PGCE pathway and teaching assistants with little or no basketball teaching experience who are working in a secondary education environment. It has been developed to provide learners with the confidence to deliver engaging basketball sessions.
By the end of the workshop, learners will be able to:
- Identify the basic rules of the game
- Explore solutions to common challenges when teaching basketball in a secondary school environment
- Identify basketball activities for key stage 3 and 4 through a game-based approach
- Describe how basketball can contribute to supporting wider skills for pupils
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a teacher, on a PGCE pathway or teaching assistant.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
If learners have experience of working in a primary education environment but do not meet bullet point #2, please contact us so we can confirm your suitability.
This is a virtual classroom workshop, delivered in 3 hours. Learners are required to:
- Have access to good Wi-Fi
- Have access to a laptop or tablet with a working microphone and webcam
- Be conducive to learning (e.g. appropriate lighting, temperature, noise levels and limited distractions).
The cost of the workshop is £35 per person.
Workshops will be organised if demand exists so we would strongly recommend that you register your interest.
Your payment details are not required. You will be asked to complete your 'booking' details, but this will simply be to register your interest and not book onto a workshop.
This workshop can lead to further learning or training in the area of coaching basketball and/or other related areas.
Please email us at email@example.com