New workshop for the Professional Workforce who work directly to support clubs.
We have created a new Club Matters workshop called Club for Everyone, because we know more needs to be done to tackle inequalities. Sports clubs, organisations and groups are key delivery agents that can help us to change this picture. We want to help more clubs to engage with more people from diverse backgrounds, reflective of their local community.
Club for Everyone is a starting point for many clubs, and has a holistic approach rather than thinking about each individual protected characteristic they need to include. We want to support clubs with solutions that will help our sporting system to be more inclusive, welcoming, friendly, and accessible. Clubs cannot do this alone, and as part of Uniting the Movement, we know it is equally as important to support the professional workforce to understand Club for Everyone and to consider how they support clubs on this agenda. This workshop includes the content of the Club for Everyone workshop with additional bespoke content to support the professional workforce in achieving this task.
By the end of this online workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the barriers people face in accessing club opportunities as participants and volunteers.
- Understand the need for positive action.
- Outline the components of an inclusive club.
- Identify how you can support clubs to create a more positive environment that would enable a diverse range of people to be engaged and retained as participants and volunteers.
Delegates must be:
- a member of the paid, professional workforce working in England (e.g. an Active Partnership/NGB/Sport for Development member of staff)
- able to communicate effectively in English
In order to access this workshop online, delegates will be required to:
- Have access to a laptop or tablet. A smartphone device is accepted but functionality can be limited. The device must have access to a microphone as the sessions will be interactive.
- Have good WIFI access
- Have access to an environment with limited distractions which is conducive to learning
- Be able to log into the workshop 10 minutes ahead of the designated start time.
If you have any additional learning needs, please let us know when registering for the workshop so we can support you.