This course will provide learners with the skills and knowledge to undertake the role of Swim Coordinator (or a similar job title, e.g. Swim Manager) and coordinate the safe delivery of high quality swimming programmes. By the end of the course, learners will understand:
- The role of a Swim Coordinator and professional development
- Industry standards, including legal and risk management considerations
- Effective planning of swimming programmes
- Management of a swim school to meet stakeholder needs
- Development of swim programmes to maximise stakeholder engagement
Who is the course for?
This qualification is for learners who:
- Aim to prepare for employment as a swim coordinator
- Already hold a position of swim coordinator and wish to undertake further development
What is the value of this course?
As well as gaining employment as a swim coordinator, learners may also seek employment within the sport and active leisure sector or a related industry. This course may also enable learners to progress into further education or study in leisure management, such as, sports management, sports development, sports coaching or leisure management.
Module Sneak Peek
Module 2: Foundations of a Swim School
This module is divided into three sections and is aimed to equip you with the knowledge to understand industry guidelines and legal requirements that relate to coordinating swimming programmes
The three sections are:
- Be 18 years of age or older on the course start date.
- Be able to provide proof of identity.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Have access to a laptop/tablet, good Wi-Fi and microphone to participate in virtual classroom sessions and complete online learning.
- Be competent with the use of IT.
It is recommended that learners:
- Have a Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification.
- Have experience in a leadership role.
- Have a mentor who is currently in a Swim Coordinator role if you are not in that role already.
This course has been split into five modules, each of which will involve online learning prior to virtual classroom sessions led by a licensed Swim England Educator. The course will run over several months to allow flexibility for learners to undertake the course whilst managing other commitments, such as work and family life.
The online learning element of the course will have associated tasks to allow you to develop and apply your knowledge, with virtual classrooms allowing further discussion and peer-to-peer learning.
Learners have two years from the start date of their course in which to complete the course.
Throughout the course, learners will be guided in how to compile the necessary evidence for their learner portfolio. On completion of their portfolio, learners will notify Sport Structures who will request assessment by Swim England Qualifications.
The following course is currently available to book:
Course start date: 5th March 2024
Virtual classroom dates:
- Tuesday 5th March 2024, 6-9pm
- Thursday 7th March 2024, 6-9pm
- Tuesday 12th March 2024, 6-9pm
- Tuesday 19th March 2024, 6-9pm
- Tuesday 9th April 2024, 6-9pm
- Thursday 11th April 2024, 6-9pm
- Tuesday 16th April 2024, 6-9pm
- Tuesday 23rd April 2024, 6-9pm
- Saturday 27th April 2024, 1-1's
Please note there is online learning to do in between virtual classroom sessions.
If you are unable to attend on these dates but would like to be notified when our next course is available, please complete the 'Register Interest' form at the bottom of the page.
The course cost is £725.
Payment plans are available to support individuals to pay for this course. If you decide to go ahead with a payment plan, please pay 50% of the course fee below to secure your place and we will then contact you to arrange the next payment.
If you wish to pay in full, you will find an option to pay 100% of the course fee below.
Please select the payment option that suits you can complete the booking form, below. Please read our terms and conditions before making your booking.
Bookings for the course starting on 5th March 2024 will close 20th February 2024.
If you have any questions about this course or would like to discuss if this course is right for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.