Historically Sporting Equals have been part of the Commission for Racial Equality. However agreed in 2006 to come in line with the other sports equity organisations and become a separate organisation.
Sport Structures developed and agreed an action plan with Sporting Equals to assist them in the creation of the new company. This included:
- Registering of the new company name.
- Development of memorandum and articles suitable for potential charitable status.
- Identification of IT needs and suppliers.
- Identification of phone and mobile phone suppliers.
- Identification of accountants and solicitors.
- Development of staff handbook, policies and procedures.
Sporting Equals is now a separate company with new IT, mobile phones, landlines and policies and procedures.