This qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to teaching/training in the further education and skills sector. It has been developed as an introduction to teaching qualification for learners who do not require the larger industry standard introduction to teaching qualification, the 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Education and Training. The qualification is recognised by UK Coaching for tutors delivering sports coach education.
As the qualification provides an introduction to teaching it can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as individuals:
- Who are not required by their employer to achieve the Level 3 Award in Education and Training, as they are not delivering to learners on government funded programmes/qualifications
- Not currently teaching or training – achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than micro-teaching
- Currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun teaching and training – although the qualification does not require practice other than the microteaching, opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a trainee’s practice
- Currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides and introduction to teaching
Who is the course for?
This qualification is popular with aspiring coach educators who deliver vocational coaching courses. Learners are also likely to be seeking opportunities in the further education and skills sector. Learners may also be from outside of the sport sector as the content is transferable.
What’s the value of this course?
This qualification provides an introduction to teaching/tutoring and enables learners to tutor sports coach education, where applicable. This could lead to paid or voluntary opportunities.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be appropriately identified
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing
Assessment (if applicable)
- Complete a 30-minute (minimum) teaching/ microteaching session that is observed and assessed by an appropriately qualified assessor. This is completed on course.
- Observe and review a 30 minute micro-teaching/ teaching session of another trainee tutor or experienced tutor/ teacher away from the course.
- Complete self directed learning tasks.
Format / duration
This course has a flexible delivery model. The usual format consists of a blended approach with online and face to face delivery. We also deliver this course online spread over a three day period. Should you wish to speak to us about alternative formats, please contact us.
To access online tutored sessions, learners must have access to a laptop or tablet. A smartphone device is accepted but functionality can be limited. The device must have access to a microphone as the sessions will be interactive. Please also ensure you have good WIFI access. If you have any additional learning needs, please let us know when registering for the course so we can support you.
Holders of this qualification can progress to the Level 3 Award in Education and Training, Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training, or the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training or other higher level teaching qualifications depending upon the role and associated teaching responsibilities
Should you wish to pay by invoice, please enter the word INVOICE at the checkout. Please be aware we are only able to invoice organisations, not individuals.
Flexible payment plans are available for this course to support accessibility. Please download the document on the left hand side of this page.
Would you like further information?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course can also be delivered to specific groups and organisations.
This process is available to determine demand. Courses will be organised if demand exists so we would strongly recommend that you register your interest.
The registration of interest process is free. Your payment details are not required. You will be asked to complete your 'booking' details but this will simply be to register your interest and not book onto a course.