Who is the workshop for?
Accredited by UK Coaching, for anyone involved in delivering sport and physical activity and will help learners to connect with their participants, challenge any inequitable situations and find ways to make changes to their coaching and environments to promote greater equality for all.
By the end of the session, learners will be able to:
- have a better understanding of what an equitable approach is and how it can benefit them, their club, the participants and sport
- understand how to challenge, connect, and change by exploring their own knowledge and experiences.
- build confidence into their coaching practices by understanding the importance of using correct language and terminologies
- know how to create new opportunities for their participants, the club and local communities.
What’s the value of this workshop?
The course has been awarded 2 CPD points by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
A series of on-page resources will also be available to all learners to support the continuation of learning in this subject. The resources have been collated from various national equality lead organisations.
- Learners must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- In order to access this workshop online via a virtual classroom, learners will be required to:
- Have access to a laptop or tablet. A smartphone device is accepted but functionality can be limited. The device must have access to a microphone as the sessions will be interactive.
- Have good WIFI access
- Have access to an environment with limited distractions which is conducive to learning
- Be able to log into the workshop 10 minutes ahead of the designated start time.
If you have any additional learning needs, please let us know when registering for the workshop so we can support you.
Informal ongoing assessment will take place throughout the workshop.
Format / duration
This workshop is delivered online through a virtual classroom and lasts for two hours.
This training also supports the Duty to Care Suite of learning and support for coaches. Relevant online classrooms include:
- Understanding Unconscious Bias
- Promoting Behaviour Change
- Knowing Your People
- Developing Your Practice
This process is available to determine demand. Further workshops will be organised if demand exists so we would strongly recommend that you register your interest.
The registration of interest process is free. Your payment details are not required. You will be asked to complete your 'booking' details but this will simply be to register your interest and not book onto a course
This workshop can also be delivered to specific groups such as clubs, community groups, colleges and schools. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Please see below dates of future workshops
We are pleased to offer this new workshop at an introductory price of £25 per person. Details of our next workshop can be found below: