We deliver the Level 3 Physical Education and School Sport qualification as a stand alone qualification to support teaching assistants, sport development officers, coaches and other learners who wish to deliver in a school environment. If you are not looking for an stand alone course, please view our available apprenticeships.
The 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport introduces learners to a number of roles in providing Physical Education and School Sport (PESS). The qualification will develop their knowledge and skills to be able to support the delivery of PE and sport programmes in a school sport environment. While it is delivered through the medium of PE and school sport, the skills may be used by learners aspiring to work in other sporting roles, such as coaching. Alongside an NGB recognised level 2 coaching qualification, this qualification is recognised as the industry standard qualification for senior children’s activity professionals by the trade association for providers of sports and physical activity in schools and the wider community.
Who is the course for?
The qualification is perfect if the learner already works, or aspires to work, in a physical education and school sport setting. It is specifically designed to provide them with a greater understanding of programmes of study for physical education, the national curriculum and the environment in which they will be operating.
What’s the value of this course?
This qualification is ideal for those operating - or seeking to operate in - the school environment, delivering sport and physical activity.
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Hold a Level 2 physical education or sport related qualification, examples include: the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport (QCF), GCSE in Physical Education (Grades A-C), a Level 2 National Governing Body of Sport coaching qualification, a Level 2 BTEC in Sport - a Level 2 qualification in sports/activity leadership or a 1st4sport recognised equivalent
Assessment (if applicable)
- Complete a series of written tasks
- Produce a profile for a minimum of 3 pupils
- Plan, deliver and evaluate a minimum of 6 PE lessons. Learners are also encouraged to get involved with extra curricular activities.
As part of this qualification, learners are required to undertake a minimum of 2 workplace observational assessments (in a school environment). If assessors are required to make more than a 50 mile round trip, the learner will be asked to pay for the additional mileage ahead of agreeing to proceed with the assessments.
Format / duration
The course has flexible delivery model. We offer the qualification in two formats:
1. Virtual learning: This involves online virtual classrooms with a course tutor. Dates, if available, can be found below. Once the virtual classroom sessions have been completed, we will arrange a virtual presentation delivery with the course tutor, on a one to one basis.
2. Remote learning: This involves the learner working through the requirements of the qualification at their own pace. The tutor will request a virtual call prior to you to starting the qualification and will offer virtual guidance throughout at specific points. You will be required to deliver a virtual presentation to the course tutor prior to undertaking any work based assessments. This method of learning can be carried out at any time. In order to access this form of virtual learning, the learner MUST have experience of working in a physical education and school sport setting. We encourage you to contact us in the first instance to confirm your eligibility.
To access online material, learners must have access to a laptop or tablet with a microphone. A smartphone device is accepted but functionality can be limited. Please also ensure you have good WIFI access. If you have any additional learning needs, please let us know when registering for the course so we can support you.
Should you wish to pay by invoice, please enter the word INVOICE at the checkout. Please be aware we are only able to invoice organisations, not individuals.
Payment plans are available for this course. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Would you like further information?
Please email us at email@example.com. This course can also be delivered to specific groups and organisations.
Virtual Course 5:
- Monday 25th October (10-12pm, 1-3pm)
- Tuesday 26th October (10-12pm, 1-3pm)
- Wednesday 27th October (10-12pm, 1-3pm)
- Thursday 28th October (10-12pm)
If you cannot attend a virtual classroom session, we can pick this up with you and ensure content is covered.
As stated above, an additional session will be organised individually with the course tutor to complete the presentation element of the course.