This workshop builds on the successful delivery of its predecessor, the Sainsbury’s Inclusive Community Training. It will equip you with the skills to be an inclusive coach for all population groups and abilities. The workshop also focuses on how to engage disabled people and those with long term health conditions more effectively in activities.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Learn about practical tools to support inclusive delivery
- Learn about Activity Alliance’s 10 Principles and how these can be applied to increase participation
- Explore creative ideas to support disabled people to take part in physical activity and sport
- Access a range of resources to support delivery of activity sessions beyond the workshop
- Learn about local opportunities, organisations and further training both for yourself and the disabled people they support
Who is the workshop for?
- Those delivering physical activity sessions
- Local community activators (working for example in disabled people’s organisations, community interest charities, housing sector and scout/guide groups )
- Health and care professionals
What’s the value of this workshop?
This workshop will provide you with the tools to become an inclusive coach and develop your confidence to tailor delivery to a variety of different audiences.
Learners need to be:
- 16 years of age
- Able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Have access to a laptop/tablet, good WiFi and microphone to participate in virtual classroom sessions (if choosing to access this workshop onine). Any special learning requirements must be made clear at the registration process.
You will receive a copy of the Inclusive Activity Programme workbook to accompany your learning.
Informal ongoing assessment will take place throughout the workshop
Format / duration
This workshop can be delivered in two formats:
- Option 1: A 3 hour workshop in a practical setting
- Option 2: A 2 hour online classroom
By attending the workshop, you will receive access to support and learning development opportunities through the Activity Alliance
The fee per person is usually £15.
Registration of interest
This process is available to determine demand. Workshops will be organised if demand exists so we would strongly recommend that you register your interest.
The process is free. Your payment details are not required. You will be asked to complete your 'booking' details but this will simply be to register your interest and not book onto a workshop.
Would you like further information?
Please email us at email@example.com.
We can also deliver this course to specific groups and organisations.