The objective of the England Korfball Level 1 Coaching Award is to equip learners with the basic individual skills, techniques and rules of the game to support a more qualified coach. It will help learners to develop their confidence in coaching Korfball ensuring that the sessions they deliver are enjoyable and safe.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for coaches that;
- Are operating as ‘Assistant Coaches’ in their club environment
- Are players that have experience of playing the game but have little experience of coaching
- Are young leaders (minimum of 16 years of age)
- Simply want to help out as a parent / helper
- Are not expected to or required to coach independently
What’s the value of this course?
This course could lead to paid or voluntary roles in coaching Korfball in a variety of settings.
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be appropriately identified
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
Assessment (if applicable)
Learners will be assessed continually through the course.
Format / duration
The course lasts 6 hours and mostly practical.
Learners may wish to progress to the 1st4Sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Korfball qualification.
Would you like further information?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course can also be delivered to specific groups such as coaching providers, universities etc.