This is the standard level of coaching qualification for all club coaches at local level. The award gives a general overview of all aspects of basketball, and a basic introduction to sports coaching. Learners can expect to cover the following:
- Role of the coach
- Planning and delivering training sessions
- Individual fundamentals
- Team fundamentals
- Developing team play
- Sports science
Who is the course for?
This course is specifically for individuals who have experience of coaching and are operating in a club environment. Please see eligibility criteria for further information.
What’s the value of this course?
This course is ideal for learners who are seeking voluntary or paid roles as an independent basketball coach.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be appropriately identified
- Hold a level 1 basketball coach award
- Have experience of playing basketball at local / regional / national or international level
- Be able to evidence delivering basketball coaching sessions over the past twelve months
- Have access to a minimum of a level 2 basketball coach in their club environment
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Have access to a laptop/tablet, good WiFi and microphone to participate in virtual classroom sessions. Any special learning requirements must be made clear at the registration process.
Assessment (if applicable)
To achieve the Basketball England level 2 award, learners are required to have assessed evidence of:
- Completing written and online tasks
- Completing an online test associated with the content covered on course
- Planning, delivering and evaluating a minimum of 4 linked and progressive coaching sessions away from the course
- Planning, delivering and evaluating a 45 minute coaching session in the club environment, observed by a Basketball England assessor
Format / duration
The course will be delivered through:
- Introductory webinar
- 3 x virtual classroom sessions lasting a maximum of 2 hours
- Webinar on sports science
- 1 day practical session, facilitated by a Basketball England tutor
- Online Team Analysis Tasks
- Online Assessment Questions
- Completion of 4 linked and progressive coaching sessions in a club environment
- Practical assessment (in your club environment)
This course can lead to further learning or training in the area of coaching basketball and/or other related areas.
Would you like further information?
Please email us at email@example.com.
Should you wish to pay via invoice, please enter the word INVOICE at the checkout. Please be aware we only invoice organisations, not individuals.
Registration of interest
This process is available to determine demand. Further courses will be organised if demand exists so we would strongly recommend that you register your interest.
The registration of interest process is free. Your payment details are not required. You will be asked to complete your 'booking' details but this will simply be to register your interest and not book onto a course.
Course 16: Virtual sessions will take place on Saturday 27th February (9:30-11am), Saturday 27th February (12-2pm) and Sunday 28th February (10-12pm). Due to current Government restrictions, the practical day will be replaced by 4 virtual sessions. The cost of the course is £185 per person
*If no courses are available, please register your interest and we will email you when new dates are released*