Level 2 Community Activator Coach Standard Apprenticeship - Mounts Bay Academy
Location: Penzance, TR18 3JT
Weekly Wage: £117.00
Working Week: Monday to Friday (8.30am - 4.30pm)
Total hours per week: 30
Duration: 12 months
Possible Start Date: 2nd September 2019
A Cornwall-based school are keen to appoint an outstanding 'PE Teaching Assistant' to support in the delivery of breakfast clubs, lunchtime/after school sports provision, PE lessons and across all other areas of the school curriculum.
It is hoped that through this role, the successful candidate will be able to build capacity across Primary PE opportunities for school pupils.
The successful candidate will possess an abundance of charisma and be determined to see young people succeed; whilst simultaneously bringing strong communication and social skills that can support pupil development.
The school places high expectations on both staff and students, and so you will be required to act as a positive, professional role model at all times.
A consummate part of this role will also have some involvement in supporting the regional School Games Organiser in the facilitation of school events and festivals.
The role will be varied and duties will include:
- Developing sports clubs to support pupil engagement in sport across the school
- Building a positive rapport with students and acting as a professional role model at all times
- Supporting classroom groups and pupils on a one-to-one basis as necessary
- Assisting teaching staff in the delivery, setting up and behaviour management of lessons/clubs
- Creating a fun, inclusive and learner-centred environment that brings out the very best in young people
- Leading breakfast club, lunchtime and after school activities, in addition to planning activities that can further enrich the curriculum
- Inspiring pupils, parents and colleagues alike through an abundance of energy, enthusiasm and drive
- Supporting in the facilitation of sports events and festivals across the region
Additional duties and administrative tasks may be required on occasions as consummate with the role.
About the Employer
Mounts Bay Academy are a learning community that aspires to success for all without exception, convinced that everyone has the ability to learn at the highest level, we just need to present them learning experiences that are as engaging as they are adventurous. They believe that all young people are “Grade A” students; it is our job to nurture the very best in each person by identifying their strengths and talents and removing any barriers to learning.
To apply for this role please click here.