Location: Reading, RG1 5JT
Weekly Wage: £168.75
Working Week: Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Duration: 14 months
Positions: 1 available
Possible Start Date: 3rd August 2020
The Apprentice will be responsible for assisting the qualified PE Specialists in planning, preparation and delivery of high-quality PE and School Sport provision.
Specific duties include:
- Assisting the planning, preparation and delivery of high-quality PE and sport provision to children and young people in an education and community environment
- Deliver sessions for a variety of different sports
- Administrative responsibilities such as, regular use Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Preparing session plans
- Shadowing experienced coaches delivering sessions
- Preparing risk assessments for sessions
- Administration tasks associated with preparing for sessions i.e. collating registers and health and safety information on participants
- Delivering After School and Holiday Club sports sessions
About the Employer
Established in 1894, St Joseph’s College is an Independent Co-Educational Day School for ages 3 to 18 with around 600 students and has a reputation for quality and reliability and value for money.
We offer a broad range of sport and physical activity to our students and to our local state Primary School.
Our current workforce includes several PE Teachers and qualified sports coaches.
We introduce a new PE curriculum in September 2018 including several additional sports and activities both on-site and at external venues. Our drive is to make all the session we deliver of a good standard, whilst encouraging all staff to use their creativity to construct inspiring, engaging, and challenging activity sessions for pupils.
We are committed to providing training opportunities for all employees and regularly hold in-house sessions to share good practice and ideas. In addition, employees are offered the chance to attend additional, relevant courses and workshops.
St Joseph’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.