BBO Bridges Coaching Communities programme
We are delivering our national award winning coaching communities programme as a partner in the exciting Building Better Opportunities project funded jointly by the European Social Fund and the Big Lottery Fund to support people over the age of 25 to enhance their employability. This programme runs from August 2016 – March 2019 in Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton.
The Coaching Communities programme provides economically inactive individuals living in the Black Country with the opportunity to become a Level 1 qualified sports coach and put these new skills and knowledge into practice through a valuable volunteering experience.
Each participant will receive individual support to enable them to build their confidence and self-esteem to change their mindset and as a result be more employable and enable them to progress onto further training, education or employment. We start the programme working as a group where participants often make friends which further enhances their lifestyle and positive experience of the programme.
Programme eligibility criteria:
- Aged 25 years and over
- Unemployed (cannot be part time work or on 0 hours contract)
- Economically inactive (including those not working who are claiming benefits other than JSA)
- Legally resident in the UK and able to take paid employment in European Union member states
- Have complex needs/multiple barriers which are impacting on being able to enter paid employment
- Require support to fully and independently engage in existing services
If you would like to refer a person onto the Coaching Communities programme, would like more information or get involved yourself please text or call Dan Jones on 07391010299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org